We’ve had a last minute change.
Saturday 10/12 from 7PM to 10PM — WAS — sold out. 2 seats from that game have switched to Friday. We now have TWO OPEN SEATS for Saturday’s game.
There is ONE last seat left for Friday 10/11 from 7PM to 10PM.
Get into this game while you have a chance!
Originally today was the deadline for everything to shut down. However, we’ve had a lot of last minute registrations come through and Gamemasters scheduling a bunch of games in the past few hours, so we are going to keep it going for a few more days!
SATINE PHOENIX’s Fund Raiser D&D 5E Games!
GAMEMASTER & GAME REGISTRATION
We are TRYING to make the process to register games easier each year. Last year we used GrowTix and that system was pretty good, but it involved several screens / steps to get a single game ready.
This year, we have a simpler process and just now eliminated the need for an author account. Now you just need to have an account with the website and there are over 600 people with accounts from Year 9 and 10.
We have a new video that steps you through this process. You can see this video at the bottom of the GAME MASTERS page: https://springfieldgame.com/gamemasters/
The process is basically this:
- Go to springfieldgame.com and click LOGIN in the lower right menu
- Either login to your account or register a new account. (Over 600 people already have accounts with the website)
- Fill in fields for your game and submit for review.
- Once approved, you are done! Promote your event through social media, email, tell your friends!
Want to see the video now? Here it is: https://youtu.be/ZFsDgYXs-K4
Remember it really is easy to get a free badge for the weekend!
Max Number of Players X Max Number of Hours for Game = Player Hours
40 Player Hours = Free badge.
Our Early Bird pricing was automatically set to go up to full price on August 2nd. We announced the price extended through August 4th. Forgot about the product settings going up. Our bad. It has been fixed and the price now is $26.06 ($25 + $1.06 fee) through August 4th. On August 5th the pricing will go up to the full at-the-door price of $36.35 ($35 + $1.35 fee).
Save $10 and buy now! https://springfieldgame.com/product/early-bird-weekend-pass/
We are busily preparing to open the doors in 3 days! Wanted to let everyone know that we are going to have a GREAT TIME this weekend! Just a quick not about Prop Weapons and Costumes. Please read the policy below. These are also on our website under POLICIES and in the COSTUME CONTEST page.
If you have any questions, concerns, comments, please go to the CONTACT US page and make contact with a staff member.
20th & 21st century uniforms may not be worn as costumes (off duty or on duty uniform wearers are very welcome). These include any uniform that can be construed as a military uniform from any country or a uniform worn in an official capacity, such as security guard, police officer, deputy, fire marshal, paramedic, etc. Active duty military personnel are permitted to wear their government-issued uniforms.
Our event is for all ages. We expect our participants to wear costumes that are G to PG-13. Risque, overly revealing costume wearers will be asked to leave. We realize this is subjective and a gray area, but if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. Send us a picture to EE Staff found on the Contact Us page. We will let you know if there is any issue.
GAME Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention. Failure to comply with these policies and/or the instructions of GAME Staff or security personnel may result in immediate removal from the convention without refund.
PROP WEAPONS POLICY
Please review these rules & regulations before attending G.A.M.E.
G.A.M.E. understands that Cosplay/costuming is an essential, fast growing, and much-loved aspect of almost every fandom in geek culture. This fun form of creative personal expression is an essential part of the modern convention experience. We want to nurture an environment that both promotes freedom of expression and insures that everyone can safely have fun.
Failure to comply with this policy or those in charge of its enforcement may result in your removal from the convention without refund.
G.A.M.E. Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention.
PROP AND WEAPONS CHECK IN PROCEDURE
The Props and Weapons Check-in will place at the Eternal Armory Booth located just inside the main convention doors. All prop and costume weapons must be inspected before attendees venture any further onto the convention floor.
- All prop weapons that could be mistaken for a real world firearm must be inspected and tagged prior to entry into the event. All other prop weapons will be inspected at the Eternal Armory Booth and will be approved or disapproved based on the judgment of the team member on duty.
- If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be able to enter the event.
- If you are not sure about a prop weapon, or have a prop weapon that does not meet these policies, please leave it at home in order to assure entrance.
- Please exercise common sense regarding your props. If they could be considered dangerous in a crowded space, ie: sharp points, dangerous edges, trip hazards, etc, leave them at home or make considerations for safety in your designs before unveiling them at G.A.M.E.
PROHIBITED ITEMS – NO FUNCTIONAL WEAPONS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED
- Functional firearms (BB, Pellet, airsoft, and paintball guns) See below for approved airsoft guns.
- Use of Laser sights or Laser pointers on props or integration of lasers in costumes without prior approval by convention staff during special performances or exhibitions during the convention.
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, longbows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons, and water guns) See below for approved bows and arrows.
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, and sword canes)
- Explosives (including firecrackers, pyrotechnics, and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Electronic or charge-based weapons such as a tasers or stun guns/batons.
- Prop weapons of all kinds will be allowed providing they are composed of plastic, resin, cardboard, foam, wood, or other materials that are of a non-functional nature.
- Airsoft guns must be rendered inoperable, batteries and chambers removed. (If your airsoft prop is found to be loaded or operable in any way, it must leave the premises or it will be confiscated by our staff.)
- Bows will be allowed providing they are unstrung and all arrows must have tips removed or foam tips and bundled. Foam bows or bows with no string tension (unable to fire) may be strung.
- Metal-bladed weapons can be bought and sold provided they remain sheathed while on display, and are placed in sealed boxes immediately upon purchase or are taken out of the convention space for storage.
- Non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening or destructive manner against persons or property.
We understand that cosplayers work very hard to make a convincing costume with all the peripheral items needed to accurately portray their favorite characters. Because of this, our policy allows certain exceptions regarding props onstage at our Costume contest.
- Your prop weapons will be re-checked before you are allowed onstage for the Costume contest.
- Stringing your bow for use onstage is allowed, but it must be unstrung once you have left the stage. Firing any projectile from a prop bow will be considered grounds for immediate disqualification from the contest and removal from the show without refund.
- Removing the security tag on your prop weapon for your onstage performance in the Costume contest is permitted so long as it is re-tagged upon completion of the Costume contest.
“Can I still get tickets to the event?” — YES
“Is the event sold out?” — NO
“Can I buy a weekend pass, or just a Friday pass, or just a Saturday pass?” –– YES, YES, YES
We have shut down online sales so we can go ahead and prepare badges, and everything thing else before the doors open on Friday. Starting at 10AM on Friday you can buy passes at the door. Everyone is welcome! See you there!