Thank you EVERYONE!
Volunteers, staff, exhibitors, creators, clubs & orgs, sponsors, all of you! Without everyone’s contribution this event would not happen! Because of YOUR help we had another great year! We will be posting our numbers and feedback in the next few weeks, to show everyone how well we did, to show that we are hearing you. You can still submit YOUR opinion at: http://springfieldgame.com/opinion/ . Please do. We want to know how we can make YEAR 10 — the BEST YET!!!
Just a heads-up to all Exhibitors, Creators, Artist, Clubs & Orgs, etc.
Thursday night set-up does not begin until 5PM.
Eclectic Endeavors staff will be hurrying back and forth getting the room ready. Placing signs on tables and such. If you show up early — you will WAIT OUTSIDE. Please don’t show up before 5PM and push your way in. We will not be ready for you until 5PM. So plan accordingly.
We seem to have some confusion out there about pre-registration and at-the-door registration.
Pre-Registration was from January 2017 through September 15, 2017. During this 9 month window you could get a WEEKEND pass for $20 (+ fees).
At-The-Door registration will open at 10AM Friday 10/6/17 and a WEEKEND pass will cost $30 (+fees).
Pre-Registration is just a way for us to get people to sign-up early and for that we give you a price-break on the Weekend Pass.
There is no difference if you get your pass early or at the door — it is the same. Registering earlier than October, gets you a discount.
Registration is open the ENTIRE WEEKEND. Friday 10AM to midnight // Saturday 8:30AM to midnight // Sunday 8:30AM to 4PM — See our Overview Schedule for open / close times.
You can get in ANY TIME during the weekend. Price-per-day Pass can be found on the Registration Page.
We are busily preparing to open the doors in 3 days! Wanted to let everyone know that we are going to have a GREAT TIME this weekend! Just a quick not about Prop Weapons and Costumes. Please read the policy below. These are also on our website under POLICIES and in the COSTUME CONTEST page.
If you have any questions, concerns, comments, please go to the CONTACT US page and make contact with a staff member.
20th & 21st century uniforms may not be worn as costumes (off duty or on duty uniform wearers are very welcome). These include any uniform that can be construed as a military uniform from any country or a uniform worn in an official capacity, such as security guard, police officer, deputy, fire marshal, paramedic, etc. Active duty military personnel are permitted to wear their government-issued uniforms.
Our event is for all ages. We expect our participants to wear costumes that are G to PG-13. Risque, overly revealing costume wearers will be asked to leave. We realize this is subjective and a gray area, but if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. Send us a picture to EE Staff found on the Contact Us page. We will let you know if there is any issue.
GAME Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention. Failure to comply with these policies and/or the instructions of GAME Staff or security personnel may result in immediate removal from the convention without refund.
PROP WEAPONS POLICY
Please review these rules & regulations before attending G.A.M.E.
G.A.M.E. understands that Cosplay/costuming is an essential, fast growing, and much-loved aspect of almost every fandom in geek culture. This fun form of creative personal expression is an essential part of the modern convention experience. We want to nurture an environment that both promotes freedom of expression and insures that everyone can safely have fun.
Failure to comply with this policy or those in charge of its enforecement may result in your removal from the convention without refund.
G.A.M.E. Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention.
PROP AND WEAPONS CHECK IN PROCEDURE
The Props and Weapons Check-in will place at the Eternal Armory Booth located just inside the main convention doors. All prop and costume weapons must be inspected before attendees venture any further onto the convention floor.
- All prop weapons that could be mistaken for a real world firearm must be inspected and tagged prior to entry into the event. All other prop weapons will be inspected at the Eternal Armory Booth and will be approved or disapproved based on the judgment of the team member on duty.
- If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be able to enter the event.
- If you are not sure about a prop weapon, or have a prop weapon that does not meet these policies, please leave it at home in order to assure entrance.
- Please exercise common sense regarding your props. If they could be considered dangerous in a crowded space, ie: sharp points, dangerous edges, trip hazards, etc, leave them at home or make considerations for safety in your designs before unveiling them at G.A.M.E.
PROHIBITED ITEMS – NO FUNCTIONAL WEAPONS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED
- Functional firearms (BB, Pellet, airsoft, and paintball guns) See below for approved airsoft guns.
- Use of Laser sights or Laser pointers on props or integration of lasers in costumes without prior approval by convention staff during special performances or exhibitions during the convention.
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, longbows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons, and water guns) See below for approved bows and arrows.
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, and sword canes)
- Explosives (including firecrackers, pyrotechnics, and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Electronic or charge-based weapons such as a tasers or stun guns/batons.
- Prop weapons of all kinds will be allowed providing they are composed of plastic, resin, cardboard, foam, wood, or other materials that are of a non-functional nature.
- Airsoft guns must be rendered inoperable, batteries and chambers removed. (If your airsoft prop is found to be loaded or operable in any way, it must leave the premises or it will be confiscated by our staff.)
- Bows will be allowed providing they are unstrung and all arrows must have tips removed or foam tips and bundled. Foam bows or bows with no string tension (unable to fire) may be strung.
- Metal-bladed weapons can be bought and sold provided they remain sheathed while on display, and are placed in sealed boxes immediately upon purchase or are taken out of the convention space for storage.
- Non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening or destructive manner against persons or property.
We understand that cosplayers work very hard to make a convincing costume with all the peripheral items needed to accurately portray their favorite characters. Because of this, our policy allows certain exceptions regarding props onstage at our Costume contest.
- Your prop weapons will be re-checked before you are allowed onstage for the Costume contest.
- Stringing your bow for use onstage is allowed, but it must be unstrung once you have left the stage. Firing any projectile from a prop bow will be considered grounds for immediate disqualification from the contest and removal from the show without refund.
- Removing the security tag on your prop weapon for your onstage performance in the Costume contest is permitted so long as it is re-tagged upon completion of the Costume contest.
Hey Game Masters! If you want to take a peek at your table assignments you can now see on our schedule where you will be holding your games! See you Friday! http://springfieldgame.com/project/gaming-table-schedule/